Packers @ Steelers Postgame
Wow, there’s a lot to talk about. Heck of a game. Probably the most talked about game on the national circuit today. Heartbreaking finish, but not backbreaking, although as I’m writing this, the Giants are about to go up 14-0 over the Skins. I’m taking a different slant on my postgame today. This game answered some questions but also brought up some new ones.
1) Mason Crosby is a full blown train wreck at this point. The Redskins shipped their kicker, the Cowboys theirs (and ironically, picked up Suisham). Crosby’s quote, “I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve just got to keep watching the film, and hopefully we get out of it here.” The film??? Here, let me breakdown the film for you. You suck.
2) Jarrett Bush couldn’t cover an 84 year old woman with a walker. End of story. Instead of pointing and yelling “56 is the mike” I swear I saw Roethlisberger point and say “24 is on the field, 24 is on the field” about 6 times Sunday.
3) Tom Silverstein from the JS needs to settle. He wrote that the game Sunday showed the Packers’ defense is clearly not ready to go to any of the four NFC divisional leaders. Come on. First off, it was just one of those games. You could tell in the first 10 minutes. I wonder if the Eagles’ beat writers wrote the same thing last week after the Eagles gave up 38 to the Giants. Doubt it. Secondly, you just have to outscore ’em by one. One would think Capers will get aggressive the next time.
4) Donald Driver is in full blow up mode. Seriously, he becomes the Packers leader in catches and all of the sudden can’t catch a damn thing.
5) I’ve wondered if the opponents read ROTQ. Obviously they do. I mentioned some players from the Steelers offense in my pregame post. They all had monster games. Everyone of them.
6) We already knew, but Rodgers and Matthews. Holy crap.
Questions that need answering…
1) Why are Crosby and Bush still employed with my season ticket money? At this point I would rather see Gus, the kicking mule trot out onto the field. At least I wouldn’t close my eyes on extra points.
2) Why didn’t we bring in some fresh defensive linemen once the Steelers crossed the 40? It looked like the first episode of “The Biggest Loser” out there.
3) Does Edgar Bennett get paid for this week? We ran the ball 8 times and scored 36 points. Should have been enough.
4) Why not put Collins or another safety at backer instead of Hawk or Barnett in obvious passing situations? We have nickel and dime packages. What do you call 8 defensive backs…besides prevent?
5) Will the Packers make the playoffs? At this point, you can’t hope for the Giants to lose. You have to expect New York to win out. They hold the tiebreak over the Packers. We have to win out. One at a time. Bring on the Seahawks.
One last thing. Crosby and Bush are not to be named from this point on at ROTQ. They are now known as “The one(s) that shall not be named.” One last question that needs to be answered. Do either of them have a dog?