A few musings from Sunday’s game…
1) Loudest sustained booing I have ever heard in Lambeau. Of the people who were making noise, 95% were booing. Just our hatred of the Vikings, that’s all.
2) Loudest ovation I have ever heard in Lambeau, for Aaron Rodgers. Very cool.
3) Key to the game- Vikings return game has Percy Harvin. Packers trot out a 47 year old who has been out of football and lost his extra gear seven years ago. Wonderful.
4) McCarthy needs to explain their gameplan in the first half. There was no rhyme or reason to what they were doing. Stretch plays in the running game? You could strap a rocket pack on Ryan Grant and he still couldn’t get to the edge.
5) Jared Allen is good…we should block him.
6) Let me get this straight. You watch a guy rip your heart out for 16 years and he plays on the one team you hate. So he signs with you and you all buy his jersey and fall madly in love. Good Lord. The thing is, we don’t have anything to compare it to. The Vikings, Bears and Lions haven’t had a single Hall of Fame player come up through their organization and then sign with the Packers, mainly because none of them have had a Hall of Fame player.
7) Getting sick and tired of McCarthy explaining to us how they will “clean it up.” If McCarthy…
A) owned a restaurant, OCEA would have shut him down three years ago for rat infestation.
B) was a Hollywood drug addict, he’d have been dead three years ago.
C) was the President of Afghanistan, he would have been re-elected.
Good signs from Sunday…
1) The re-emergence of Greg Jennings. 8 catches for 88 yds and a TD is a good sign.
2) Nick Barnett has finally gotten the hint. Shut your damn mouth and make plays. 9 tackles, 7 solo. He has played well the last couple of weeks.
3) Every time Aaron Rodgers has the ball, you expect good things to happen. He really did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket Sunday and he continues to play well. The first half was garbage, but I credit that to a brutal gameplan.
4) The wildcard race will come down to Dallas, NYG, Chicago, Atlanta and GB. Two are in, three are out. Some big weeks coming up for the Packers.